Hey – Long time no write! Unfortunately I have been busy trying to catch up on missed practice from my summer break so I have not had time to post… however, I am happy to share that I have some changes coming to the blog soon – yay!
In the way of food, I have some recipes I am eager to share with you and can’t wait until I get back in the swing of things and can start posting on a (hopefully) regular basis.
Also, I tried this awesome recipe for s’more ice cream this week and wanted to share the link with you so you too can
gain weight enjoy this tasty treat!
Now in the way of some randomness, I have been nominated (by two different people) for the Liebster Award! In short, the Liebster Award is something that is passed along through different bloggers with a following of 200 or less – it’s a way to get to know some of your fellow bloggers – fun, huh?
I don’t know if I can do this or not, but since I was nominated by two people, I am going to answer both sets of questions.
1…2….3…. here I go!
Questions from the Nobby Life:
1. What do you consider the most enchanting place you’ve ever visited?
I think I would have to go with Mystic, CT. I have the fondest memories of Mystic and the other surrounding areas I have visited while there such as Niantic, Madison, New Haven, Newport, RI – to name a few. While I have never lived in Mystic, I have spent a lot of time there and long to go back!
2. What is your favorite travel accessory?
My iPod, does that count?
3. What is your worst airline/airport experience?
Oh gosh, I try to think about this experience as little as possible, but once when going through security a TSA agent pulled me aside. I don’t exactly remember what the problem was, but obviously it was just something that was questionable in my suitcase. Anyway, to make a not really long but painful story short, I misheard the agent and thought she told me to follow her (I thought I was going to get the pat down!) and started heading towards the OTHER side of the conveyer belt (where the luggage comes through). As I was doing so, I heard someone calling out: ma’am! ma’am! what are you doing? I think I was heading towards a restricted area! Oh yes, I was soo embarresed…
4. What is your favorite food to consume when on the road?
I’m actually not sure, but one of my favorite snacks when in need of sustenance is a chocolate chip Cliff Bar. They are really satisfying and great to carry around!
5. How many bags do you typically pack?
I’m by no means a light packer, but after seeing the way some other people pack, I realize I’m not the heaviest either! 2 bags is usually the norm for me.
6. Hotel, hostel, B&B, tent, or a couch in a stranger’s home?
It depends on how long I am staying somwhere, but a B&B or hotel are always going to be first choices for me – for longer stays I prefer to rent a house/cabin/cottage, but I am NOT interested in satying in a stranger’s home or a big fan of staying with anyone other than who I am traveling with (which has always been family). When you stay with people (especially strangers) you don’t have the freedom to relax and be your natural self as you do when staying elsewhere. However, sometimes staying with people you know (like, really know) can be fun too, it’s just not my first choice!
7. Coffee or tea?
Now for the questions from Katherine:
1) What are you currently reading?
A Damsel In Distress, by P.G. Wodehouse.
2) If you could meet anyone in the world (real or fictional) who would it be and why?
I really can’t think of anybody off hand… but I wouldn’t mind having a conversation with one of the great pianists – Martha Argerich, maybe?
3) What movie have you enjoyed more than the book?
I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a movie MORE than the book. However, when reading Pride and Prejudice, I couldn’t help but think of how all the actors/actresses were so perfectly cast in the 1995 TV version!
4) What are 3 random facts about you?
1. I think just about anything I do with my family is the best.
2. I love to travel.
3. I love the ocean and have a fascination with the creatures that live beneath the water. Sometimes I think I would like to be a marine biologist and don’t mind taking kids to the aquarium as it gives me an excuse to go as well! shh…
5) Do you finish a book you hate, or stop and put it down?
I actually can’t think of a book that I hated… but if I were reading one and hated it, I would probably put it down.
6) What is your favourite food?
Anything chocolate and waffles.
7) What three items would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
1. A LONG book (like War & Peace or Le Miserables)
2. A mister to keep cool
3. A book on edible plants 😉
8) If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
My family would probably say a sloth… 😉 I do love my beauty sleep!
9) What is your favourite book of all time?
Do I have to name just one?? Pride and Prejudice.
10) Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what?
I have sometimes while waiting for my brother in piano lessons, but I don’t usually.
11) Which character would you love to be and why?
That is a tough question… maybe one of the children from Edward Eager’s series of magic books (such as Half Magic) – childhood favorites of mine.
Well, that was… interesting! Just a warning that I do not know 11 bloggers to nominate, but…
Here are my questions (I’m going with a music and food theme here):
1. What is your favorite genre of music?
2. If you could play any musical instrument (if you already do, pick a second… or third or fourth ;)) what would it be?
If you are not into classical music, you can skip this next one…
3. If you could star in an opera, which one would it be?
4. Favorite food?
5. Name one food you can’t bear the thought of eating?
6. Chocolate or vanilla?
7. If you could pick one music hall to visit, which would it be?
8. Coffee, hot chocolate, or tea?
9. If you had to spend the rest of your life eating just one food, what would it be?
10. Do you like to listen to music while in the kitchen?
11. Favorite cuisine?